Book a Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas show
We’re always looking for new opportunities to showcase our performers and their dangerous ideas. Contact our producer Stephen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out more.
CODI shows have previously featured at
- Glasgow Comedy Festival
- Edinburgh Science Festival
- Leeds Literary Festival
- Edinburgh International Book Festival
- Belfast Imagine
- Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival
- Just Festival
- Festival of Fresh Ideas
Invite a CODI performer
CODI performers love sharing their research with new people. They can be found visiting local charities, community groups, schools, care homes and work places. If you’d like to be put in touch with a researcher in a field relevant to your organisation get in touch.
If you’ve been inspired by the Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas and want to run your own shows with your local university researchers, we ask that you follow this guidance. If you have any questions or would like to talk it through please get in touch.
- Use Susan Morrison – or an entertainer originally prepared by Susan Morrison – as your compere
- Provide training for your performers, no matter how experienced they are. We can deliver training sessions for performers or “Train the trainer” sessions.
- Always allow at least 50% of the show duration for the audience to ask questions and discuss the topic with the performer.
- Never use slides (PowerPoint, Prezi etc.). CODI is not a public lecture or a Ted talk. Refer to the Take Part pages for guidance.
- Respect the knowledge, views and experiences of the audience.
- Pay the people who support you fairly.